The goal of RHM, above all, is to make disciples: to help people spiritually. Whether you want to turn to Christ, turn to Christ anew, learn more about him, or simply need Dr. Hughes and Mrs. Shirley to join you in prayer, RHM wants to serve you.
Please contact us if we can help you in any way.
Also, there are several resources on this web site that may be a benefit for you.
Finally, if you would like more information about salvation, but you aren't ready to talk to anyone about it, consider the information below:
The Plan of Salvation
There are four things you must realize before you can be saved.
- You are a sinner.
Romans 3:23 -- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God:"
- You owe a sin debt.
Romans 6:23a -- "For the wages of sin is death;"
- Jesus died for your sins.
Romans 5:8 -- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
- Repent and call upon the name of the Lord.
Acts 3:19a -- "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,..."
Romans 10:9 -- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Romans 10:13 -- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
As a result of your salvation, you can know for sure that you are saved. I John 5:13 -- "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
What Is Salvation?
- Discipleship not a Decision | Matthew 28:20
- Regeneration not Reformation | John 3:3,5,7
- Revolution not Resolution | 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Conversion not Confirmation | James 5:20
- Possesion not Profession | Colossian 1:27
- Faith not Feeling | Romans 5:1 | Romans 10:17 | Ephesians 2:8-9
- Proclamation not Persuasion | 1 Corinthians 1:21
- Glorification not Condemnation | Romans 8:1, 28-30
- Good News not Information | 1 Corinthians 15:1-6
- Separation not Isolation | 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
- Jubilation not Demonstration | Philippians 4:4
- Organism not Denominationalism | 1 Corinthians 12:13-14
The Way of Salvation
Text: Romans 10:10-17
- There must be sending | Romans 10:15
- There must be preaching | Romans 10:15
- There must be hearing | Romans 10:14
- There must be believing | Romans 10:14
- There must be calling | Romans 10:13, 14
- The Communication of it - (Preaching) | 1 Corinthians 1:18-21
- Preaching pleases God | 1 Corinthians 1:21
- Preaching is foolish to the perishing | 1 Corinthians 1:18
- Preaching saves believers | 1 Corinthians 1:21
- The Realization of it - (Witnessing) | Romans 10:14-15
- The Regeneration of it - (Believing) | John 3:3,5
- Regeneration is ("from above") again | John 3:3,5,7
- Regeneration is by the Spirit of God | John 3:5-6 | Ephesians 2:1
- Regeneration is by believing | John 3:15-16
- The Identification of it - (Baptism) | Romans 6:1-6
- Crucified with Christ | Romans 6:3, 6
- Buried with Christ | Romans 6:4-5
- Raised with Christ | Romans 6:5, 8
- The Consumation of it - (Sanctification) | John 17:17
- The Glorification of it - (Glorifying) | Romans 8:29-30
- Foreknown | Romans 8:29 | 1 Peter 1:2 | 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- Predestinated | Romans 8:29 | Ephesians 1:4-5
- Called | Romans 8:30 | 2 Timothy 1:9 | Hebrews 3:1 |Philippians 3:14
- Justified | Romans 8:30 | Romans 3:24-28 | Romans 5:1
- Glorified | Romans 8:30 | Colossians 1:27 | 1 John 3:2 | 1 Corinthians 15:51-57
The ABC's of the Gospel Life
A Admit that you are a sinner - Rom. 3:10
B Believe that Christ Jesus died for your sins - Rom. 10:8-10
C Call upon Him to save you - Rom. 10:13
D Deny the flesh - Gal. 6:8
E Enter into the joy of the Lord - Neh. 8:10
F Follow the Spirit of Christ - Gal. 5:16
G Gird up the loins of your mind - I Pet. 1:13
H Hope to the end for the grace that shall be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ - I Pet. 1:13
I Involve yourself in the work of the Lord - II Cor. 11:28
J Join a local, New Testament church - Heb. 10:25
K Keep yourself from idols - I John 5:21
L Love your wife - Eph. 5:25
M Maintain personal devotions - Ps. 119:15,16
N Nurture your children in the Lord - Eph. 6:4
O Observe all things whatsoever the Lord hath commanded - Matt. 28:20
P Pray without ceasing - I Thes. 5:17
Q Question (try) the spirits - I John 4:1
R Resist the Devil - James 4: 7
S Submit yourselves one to another in the fear of God - Eph. 5:21
T Tithe to your local assembly - I Cor. 16:2
U Understand the will of the Lord - Eph. 5:17-6:9
V Visit the widows and orphans in their affliction - James 1:27
W Wait patiently upon the Lord's return - Heb. 10:35-37
X eXercise yourself unto godliness - I Tim. 4:7
Y Yearn after peace - I Pet. 3:11
Z Zealously contend for the faith - Gal. 4:18;Jude 1:3